503-T Incident Investigator Fundamentals
Subject Area: Expert – Knowledge and Skills in Investigation
Workshop Duration: Up to 16 Hrs.
Pre-requisites: 202-T ARCA™ for Facilitator or equivalent RCA course.
This course goes beyond Effective Problem Solving and into Lead Investigation skills and techniques. It builds on the Facilitator and Advanced Facilitator courses that concentrate on a methodology approach to Effective Problem Solving and moves into providing expert Investigator Leadership skills that deals with the Human Element.
Students will learn how to:
- Manage, preserve and protect key evidence.
- Handle chains of custody and legal requirements.
- Liaise between internal and external agencies, bodies and internal departments during the investigation.
- Protect the organization reputation and information using job aids and investigator skills and tools.
- Communicate effectively with Executives and Senior Management and more importantly outside team members, agencies and the media.
Provide the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Lead an investigation
- Deal with sensitive issues and mission critical incidents
- Protect the credibility of the investigation team, issue owner and affected parties
- Manage external factors; Public Relation and communication distribution
Who Should Attend?
- Any and all individuals, who leads Root Cause Investigations or gets called upon to handle company critical issues, including RCA Facilitators and Continuous Improvement Leaders.
- Applies to all disciplines, functions and organizations.
- Learning reinforced with “hands-on” exercises that allow students to apply their investigation skills to real world problems.
- Client can substitute their own examples to be used during this workshop.
- Manual: EPS Incident Investigator Fundamentals
- EPS skills and tools job aid
- Course Completion Certificate